FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is India Car Booking?
- India Car Booking.com is a taxi booking portal which enables consumers to book taxis online. It gives you a wide range of taxis and operators across India to choose from based on your specific need whether it be an airport transfer, late night car hire, meeting, a road trip or just a special car on a special occasion such as an anniversary, birthday or even your marriage.
Presently we offer bookings only in Bangalore but will soon be operational across many other locations.
- Why should I book through India Car Booking?
- We make booking simple!
Network of operators: We have tied up with the best operators from across India (International, National and Local) to suit your specific demand. We have the widest choice of vehicles to choose from. We have gone through a careful selection process to ensure that we provide you the best value for your hard-earned money.
Easy Booking Process: A simple 4 stage process – Search, Select, Details and Book for pre-paid taxi service options. A simple call to our helpline @ 0091+9336908251 / 9415226053 and we will help you find the taxi you need.You can choose from a wide range of payment options - Credit card/ Debit card / Net banking/ Cash card or you just pay cash to the driver.
Customer is King/Queen!: We believe you are the king/queen and make every effort to ensure you a hassle free experience when you use our portal and help you keep that smile on your face all the time. We even equip you with e-receipts so that you don’t have to search for those small slips of paper to get your taxi fare reimbursed.
- How do I know that my booking is confirmed?
- Whether a booking is made online or over the phone, a confirmation would be sent to you via e-mail, which would include your reservation number and travel details.
- Do I need to register on your site to book car?
- No. You can use our service fully without the need to register. You just need to provide your details at the time of booking.
- What if the car doesn't show up?
- In case the vehicle you booked doesn't show up, we will offer you a full refund.
- What if the car shows up late?
- We try our best to ensure our partners reach our customers on time. But in case of delays, do call us and we will help you out by either providing an alternate vehicle or giving you a full refund.
- Can I change my booking?
- Yes. You can change the date of booking till 2 days before the booked date free of charge. After that, there will be a cancellation charge as per cancellation policy.
- What are the different modes of payment you support?
- We accept all major credit and debit cards. We also accept Cash Cards and Net Banking.
- Can I buy for someone else using my credit/debit card?
- Yes definitely! You need to mention the card holder details for the card payment but you can enter anyone's name for the car booking.
- Is it safe to use my credit/debit card on your site? Do you store my card number and details?
- It is completely safe to use our site. We have partnered with EBS for the payment gateway.
- What are our current cities of operation?
- We are currently offering our services in Agra, Allahabad, Amritsar,Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Gorakhpur,Gurgaon, Gwalior, Jaipur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Khajuraho, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai,Noida, Patna,Udaipur, Varanasi. We provide intercity car rental, local 8 hour travel packages as well as car services to corporates in these cities.
- How is the total fare/price calculated for a intercity car rental service?
- Intercity car rental fares constitute of various components as below:
- Per KM Rate: This is base rate which will be charged on every KM travelled. The rate varies with car models and operators.
- Minimum KM charged per day: There is a minimum distance which will be charged for every day of usage. In case the actual travelled distance is higher, the later will be charged. Generally the minimum distance charged per day is 250 KM. Please consider the following example for clarity: If you are using the vehicle for 3 days the minimum we will charge you for is 3*250=750 Km, in case your actual usage for the three days (combined) is less (say 500 Km) we will still charge you for 900 Km and in case your usage is higher than 750, we will charge you for your actual KM used.
- Daily Driver allowances: For intercity travel customers need to pay driver allowances. The allowance amount varies with operator. Some operator might also have separate day and night allowances.
- Toll, parking and state taxes: These will be charged on actual at the end of the journey. You need to settle this with the driver in return for the relevant receipts. You can always call us at our helpline in case of any discrepancy.
- Definition of a day: Day is defined as 12 midnight to next day 12 midnight for all the calculation purposes.
- How do I modify my booking?
- You can modify a booking by calling our call centre. You may modify the pick-up location, pick-up time, vehicle type or the primary passenger details. The pick up-time cannot be advanced to a time which cannot give us at least 3 hours prior notice. Any modification which is done less than 3 hours from the pick-up time would need to be cancelled and rebooked. Your previous payment would be adjusted with the cancellation fee (if any) caused due to the last-minute modification.
- How do I cancel my booking?
- You can cancel your booking by calling our helpline @ 0091+9336908251. You would need to give your booking id or phone number as reference.
Are there any charges for cancellation? What are they?
There would be no cancellation fee charged for any cancellation made 3 hrs prior to the pick-up time. However, processing fee will be deducted from the total refund amount.
There would be a cancellation charge equivalent to the minimum charge for a point to point booking, 50% of the amount for an airport transfer or local package booking and INR 500 for outstation bookings, for any cancellation made within 3 hours from the pick-up time.
In the event of a "No Show" by the Customer, following a confirmed booking being made, there would be no refund to the Customer.
All references to time are with respect to system time of Shweta Holidays.
Cancellation requests would be done through Shweta Holidays. In case the customer communicates with the taxi operator directly, the cancellation timing would be considered only when the same is communicated to Shweta Holidays by the taxi operator.
All Taxes, cancellation and amendment charges are subject to change without notice and must be borne by the Customer.
- What is the waiting period?
- The maximum waiting period would be 15 minutes. Post 15 minutes there would be a waiting charge of INR 50 for every 30 minutes.
What if I don’t turn up after the taxi arrives at the pick-up location?
We would consider this as a no-show from your end and would charge you cancellation charges as stated above.
The actual confirmation is given based on the availability of the taxi at the required location and time.
- How much in advance can I book a taxi?
- We understand that some of our consumers would like to book a taxi well in advance. We currently have a limit on how much in advance you can actually book the taxi. It is 60 calendar days. Please do enquire with us through our helpline, in case you have any other specific requirements and we will definitely try our best to fit in your request.
- How are the various tolls and parking fees calculated?
- All tolls, parking, waiting and other miscellaneous charges would be charged to you on actual at the end of the journey. You may settle this with the driver in return for the relevant receipt. In case there is any discrepancy, please give us a shout on our helpline.
I had problems while the payment was being made after I entered my credit card details. Have I been charged?
Please call our helpline and based on the information you provide us we can check whether your card has been charged by us or not.
- How do I identify the transaction in my credit card bill?
- Transactions on indiacarbooking will appear as indiacarbooking.com or EBS in your credit card statement depending on the payment option chosen.
- How do I get a refund?
- In case of a no show by the driver/operator, we would require you to get in touch with us at email@example.com or call our helpline. You would need to provide your booking id and other relevant details. The entire payment will be refunded back to you in case there was a no-show by the driver/operator.
- How long will the refund take?
- The process of refund would take a maximum of 15 working days to reflect in your statements. In case you don’t receive the refund in 15 working days, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our helpline.
- We are a corporate house and would like to tie up with Shweta Holidays. Is this possible?
- Yes, definitely! Please get in touch with us by writing into us at email@example.com and we will get in touch with you at the earliest.
- Where can I give feedback regarding the service?
- We would love to hear from you on your experience, good or bad, of booking with us. We take full responsibility for the booking experience. Any trip related feedback would be communicated to the concerned operator and necessary action up to termination of contract with the particular operator would be taken, if necessary.
We read every mail that comes from our valued customers and would take the necessary actions wherever required.
- In case you have any feedback regarding the booking experience made available by Shweta Holidays, please feel free to write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please share any feedback regarding your trip experience with us at email@example.com
- Is the payment I make online safe?
- Yes! Your payment made through the portal or phone is completely safe.
- What are the payment methods available to me?
- a. Online Payment: You can use your credit card, debit card or net banking to pay securely online when you book through the website
b. Cash to Driver: You can pay directly to the driver at the end of the trip
However, the options differ from operator to operator. Some operators do not accept payment through drivers. Please check on our site for more details.